Monday 26 February 2018

Mother's Day Cards

Not long now until Mother's Day, only two weeks to get yourself organised!  I don't plan workshops around events such as Mother's Day or Easter (Christmas is the only one I regularly plan), because it can exclude some people.  However, this year I thought I would do a couple of contrasting Mother's Day cards for inspiration.

The first one uses the 'Let the Good Times Roll' bundle, where I have used the pop-up die on the outside instead.  The rollercoaster die is such a feature that I wanted to show it off with the sentiments blowing along the ride.


I also used the Picture Perfect Paper Stack - which also features in the next workshop on the 9th March - as it is such a fun paper design that I thought it would match the feel of the rollercoaster.

The second card uses the Petal Passion DSP as its main focal feature.  I have lightly brayed over the paper in Marina Mist, graduating the colour from bottom to top, and then coloured the design in with the Stampin' Blends.

This is a much simpler card, and love the classic nature of the card.


Which one was your favourite and which one do you think your Mum would like?  I think my mum would like the rollercoaster, but my Mother-in-Law would probably prefer the 2nd as she loves flowers.


Product List

No comments: