Saturday 11 January 2014

Too early to think about Valentines Day....

Well, as most of the shops have already started to display creme eggs and bags of mini eggs, I guess it can't be too early to be thinking of Valentine's Day makes.

Just before Christmas I bought the Crafter's Companion Sweet Treats boards and CD-Rom.  Therefore, at Christmas most people got their presents in a very quickly designed box using the board, but I designed the papers in Craft Artist 2.  I was thrilled with the results, particularly the bow templates that come on the CD-Rom.

So....I wanted to play with the boards a bit more and came up with this small milk carton box.  I designed the papers in Craft Artisit 2 (Cupid digikit) and printed a free patchwork heart digistamp from Handmade Harbour (http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.co.uk/).  I originally imported the stamp into Craft Artist 2 and added it to the papers, however this wasn't very well thought out as when it was printed the hearts were not in the right place on the sheet to be seen on the box.  As this would take copious amounts of calculations and measurements I took them off.

I just printed the heart off and embossed the lines with a versamark pen and gold embossing powders and then coloured the heart with flexmarker - Tea Rose. I add highlights with a Wink of Stella pink pen (I don't have the brush nib ones, just the hard nib pens).  I have to say I love the Wink of Stella pens, they add just the most delicious amount of glint that just makes you look twice at the project.  If you can only get one of these pens go for the clear as you can use it on top of any other pencils or pens that you have and it adds that subtle glitter.

I found some free thickies stickers for the lettering which I coloured with a flexmarker (Sorbet) and added them to the bottom.  With some pink ribbon (I don't buy that much ribbon, I normally use the ribbon you find in ladies tops that should be used to secure the clothes to the hanger).  Over all I think this is a very effective little gift box, just the right size for 6 medium sized cookies or a medium sized bottle of perfume.


I would be interested to hear what you think of it.



Handmade Harbour

6 comments:

itsamistry said...

That's really pretty but then I love hearts so a win win situation - thank you for sharing in the Mid-week paper craft party over on Handmade Harbour - Anita HH Design Team

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

How adorable is that sweet project?! I love i! Thank you so much for joining us this week in our Pink or Blue Challenge over at Handmade Harbour!

Wendy said...

It's gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Handmade Harbour this week!

Katie said...

Its fab Fiona. I see what you mean about the glitter!

Wendy Fraser said...

Gorgeous project, I might have to invest in those new boards myself. Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge xx

wendyp said...

Adorable!! Thanks for playing along with this month's Crafter's Companion challenge!