Monday 3 December 2018

Have you got your Advent Calendar ready?

I have three daughters aged 4,7,and 10 and since my youngest was 2 I have made one advent calendar a year, replacing the previous one that was used.

Isabel (4) has a stack of boxes decorated with the Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set and punch.  This was created in 2016 and is lasting well!  I love the cute set, you can make several images using the punch - Gingerbread Man, Reindeer, Father Christmas, Bear and an Eskimo.  Next year she will get a fresh advent calendar.



Last year I made Emma's (10) using the mini pizza boxes stacked back-to-back and ontop to try and keep it compact.  The doilies have got a little creased in storage, but still stands well. 


This year I replaced Sophie's (7) old advent calendar, with this one I covered toilet paper tubes with the Santa's Workshop DSP and cut them into three, with one cut into half (No. 25). I used a hot glue gun to adhere them to the card base (DSP packaging, inked around the edge with Merry Merlot and covered in Garden Green 12 x 12 cardstock).  I cut circles out and added the numbered stickers from the Santa's Workshop Memories and More card pack (which has sadly sold out), as well as using the stickers from the pack to decorate the base.


Making the calendars is always a labour of love, I never know what I am going to make until the last minute (each time I say I am going to make it in September, but normally put it off until the last week in November!), but they love them.

We are into December now, and the last ordering date for guaranteed delivery before Christmas (in the UK) is the 13th December.  


If you don't have a demonstrator and based in the UK and would like to get a Spring/Summer Catalogue and Sale-A-Bration catalogue, then comment below.

Product List
Cookie Cutter Christmas Photopolymer Stamp Set
£20.00
Cookie Cutter Builder Punch
£17.00
Mini Pizza Boxes
£5.50
Santa's Workshop Memories & More Card Pack
£9.25
Santa's Workshop 12" X 12" (30.5 X 30.5 Cm) Specialty Designer Series Paper
£13.00
Santa's Workshop 12" X 12" Cardstock Pack
£11.25

No comments: