Thursday 7 March 2019

Good Luck in Green

This was a card we made out our last class.  It was such a quick and easy card to do and used the Blends to colour in the lettering.


The Stitched Rectangular dies from Stampin' Up really set the piece off and enables you to use such a large sentiment.

When I colour in the Stampin' Blends, which are alcohol markers, I use a waterbased ink to stamp the image (the two mediums will not bleed together then).  The Blends come in two shades per colour, light and dark shade.  I start with the dark shade and then blend with the light shade, making sure I go over all of the dark shade I have already laid down to ensure a nice smooth blend.  I know you can do a light-dark-light blend, but I find I get just as good a result with just a dark-light blend.  I would also recommend using the Whisper White or Very Vanilla thick card as it will hold the ink better and it is less likely to bleed.


Product List
Amazing Life Photopolymer Bundle
£47.50
Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper
£25.00
Old Olive A4 Card Stock
£8.00
Blackberry Bliss A4 Cardstock
£8.00
Whisper White A4 Thick Cardstock
£7.25
Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pad
£7.00
Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends Markers Combo Pack
£8.50
Rhinestone Basic Jewels
£4.75

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute card. I love the simple style. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Fiona Stanton said...

Thank you Michelle

Vandra said...

Love the Good luck sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge. Hope you can join us again soon.

Miss. Carrie's Creations said...

Nice card. Thank you for sharing your creation at Color My Heart Dare. 💙☕Miss. Carrie